Posted by The Modern Buddha , Thursday, March 17 15:35
As you might have discovered by now that i am a self-proclaimed huge fan of google and the services it offers. So to those out there like me i am back with this post about google and the top 10 services it offers :
- Google Chrome : the most advertised Google product, is a browser that is very basic without any complex add-ons and features and impressed users with its speed and simplicity. Today google keeps on updating chrome with the latest security patches and updates.
- Google Search : has a new advanced search page and it detects the date when a page has been published, it's more comprehensive by indexing previously inaccessible pages, Flash files and scanned documents.
Google Suggest has been enabled by default, the SearchWiki experiment is now live and the snippets are more useful for discussion boards and scientific papers.
Also the google image and book search has shown considerable development.
Also there is the new feature Google Instant Search which searches the moment you begin typing in the search field. Now you do not even need to press enter for searching.
- Gmail : Google launched Gmail which has most of the new features as Labs experiments and there are plenty of useful additions: from task management, sending SMS, to viewing Google Calendar agenda and customizing keyboard shortcuts.
Gmail also supports voice and video chat upon installing a plug-in.
Also you can choose from a number of themes provided by gmail for your account. Themes make your inbox more personal and more distinctive.
Also the new thing in gmail that establishes its uniqueness among various mail services providers are its spam check, reply mail attached to the mail thread, simple chat component,about 8 gb storage space,fast file uploader and labels for ease of division of your mails.
- YouTube : Google launched Youtube which started as a test for higher-quality versions for videos and, at the end went widescreen public on www. You can add captions and annotations, then there's a video analytics feature and a new personalized homepage.
YouTube offers more ways to share, promote and monetize videos.
Also you might have heard the teenage pop sensation Justin Bieber was found on youtube.
- Google Docs : Google released Google Docs which has added components like a PDF reader, forms, templates, spreadsheet gadgets, an offline version and a consistent interface.
Also this is an example of storing our data on the fly or the metaphorical cloud.
- Android : It is Google's operating system for mobile devices, which has been released.
"There is tremendous potential for this OS on mobile devices -- it truly realizes the open ideals laid out by Google when they announced this project. The only problem seems to be the stuff they either left on the back burner, cutting room floor, or hoped would come from that exciting, untapped world of open source developers. While there's plenty to praise in this phone, there's a lot more that's missing -- and some of those missing elements are what we consider to be core components of a device in the G1's class," summed up by Engadget.
By and by android mobile phones have become popular and also now it supports a lot of apps. Visit Google Android.
- Picasa Web Albums : Google added a feature in Picasa that makes it easy to organize your photos i.e. people tagging. The system uses face detection to find all the people from your photos and then it clusters the faces.
Also There's a new option to make the albums private.
You can send photos to an album by email and the "explore" page highlights beautiful images.
Visit Picasa Web Album.
- Google Maps : Google introduced Google Maps Service which continued to increase the coverage for Street View, which is now available in the US, France, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
You can now get walking directions, car directions enhanced by Street View, traffic estimations and explore places by looking at geo-tagged photos and videos.
This eases your effort when you are thinking of visiting a new place or country.
- Google Translate : Google launched Google Translate which added support for 10 new languages and also there's a new API that enabled the integration with many services: Twitter Search, Google Reader, YouTube etc.
So the next time you need a translator, you know where you should head to.
- Blogger : The Google product Blogger has improved a lot by adding useful features like importing/exporting a blog, inline comments, blog rolls and scheduled posts.
Also there is the template designer which offers a lot of templates for your blog.
And now you can even monetize your blogs with google adsense and adwords.
So Folks, I hope you enjoyed this post. Have a nice time with these unique google products. Adios.